All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe culinary philosophy of premiere chef Andre Chiang, whose Restaurant Andre is in the top 50 world's best restaurants list. Headed up by chef-owner Andre Chiang, Restaurant Andre's menu centres around his 'Octaphilosophy' taking into account Chiang's eight elements of gastromy: salt, texture, memory, purity, terroir, south, artisan and uniqueness. Octaphilosophy, explores one year in his restaurant. Including snacks, mains and sweets over each season, and the stories and processes behind each dish, Chiang will share his unique approach to food combining the technical precision of Asian gastromy with the Western culinary preference for produce, producers and seasonality. Heavily illustrated with photos of the working kitchen, and the final results, Octaphilosophy will be one of the first cookbooks to capture the emerging gastromic scene in Asia and its leading proponent.
- Author BiographyAndre Chiang was born in Taiwan and moved from Japan to France at age 15. He worked in several Michelin-starred restaurants there, training under Pierre Gagnaire, Joel Robuchon and Alain Ducasse. In 2010, he moved to Singapore to open his 30-seat Restaurant Andre, which is on the World's 50 Best list. In Singapore he also is invested in the restaurants Burnt Ends and Bincho, RAW in Taipei, and Porte 12 in Paris. Lotta Jorgensen wrote the narrative text in Octaphilosophy with Andre Chiang. She is co-founder of creative gastro-brand consultants Fool Agency and co-editor-in-chief of award-winning gastronomic magazine Fool, with her husband, photographer Per-Anders Jorgensen. Lotta is also an art director specialising in magazine design and brand identity.
- Author(s)Andre Chiang
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/04/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Width214 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.