All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionIn his new book Eric Sawford has brought together a fascinating collection of facts and photographs about the London Midland region of BR. The age of steam was more than locomotives and trains: it also consisted of rolling stock, paperwork and all the infrastructure of a complex transport system. This bok features rare and commonplace examples of station architecture, yards, sheds, signal types, signal boxes, trackwork, bridges, coaches, wagons, signs, lamps, maps, tickets and tices, as well as ordinary railwaymen and their work. Most of the photographs included are drawn from the author's own extensive archives, and are previously unpublished. Odd Corners of the London Midland will be entertaining and informative reading for the general enthusiast, as well as for modellers, preservationists and historians.
- Author BiographyEric Sawford is an established railway author. He has had many books published, including for Sutton, the Steam Locomotives series. The Last Days of Steam on the Eastern Region from the Days of Steam and the End of the Line.
- Author(s)Eric Sawford
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/2003
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSutton Publishing Ltd
- Content Note200 b&w photographs
- Width194 mm
- Height263 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.