All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA thrilling, wintry Nordic epic from the truly magical combination of author Neil Gaiman and illustrator Chris Riddell, weaving a tale of legend, magic and adventure which will grip and enchant readers from beginning to end. Odd, a young Viking boy, is left fatherless following a raid and in his icy, ancient world there is mercy for an unlucky soul with a crushed foot and one to protect him. Fleeing to the woods, Odd stumbles upon and releases a trapped bear ...and then Odd's destiny begins to change. The eagle, bear and fox Odd encounters are Norse gods, trapped in animal form by the evil frost giants who have conquered Asgard, the city of the gods. Now our hero must reclaim Thor's hammer, outwit the frost giants and release the gods ...This rich and layered tale of courage is told with humour and in breathtaking style by two creators at the height of their powers: from the author of modern classics such as American Gods, Coraline and The Sleeper and the Spindle, Odd and the Frost Giants will leave you spellbound. Lavishly produced and packed with Chris Riddell's glorious illustration enhanced with metallic ink, this is a spectacular and magical gift.
- Author BiographyNeil Gaiman has written highly acclaimed books for both children and adults and is the first author to have won both the Carnegie and Newbery Medals for the same work - The Graveyard Book. The L.A. Times has described his multimillion-selling graphic novel series Sandman as 'the greatest epic in the history of comic books'. Many of his books, including Coraline and Stardust, have been made into films; Neverwhere has been adapted for TV and radio and American Gods is in development as a major HBO series. He has also written two amazing episodes of Doctor Who and appeared in The Simpsons as himself. In 2013 he published his first adult novel for seven years, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, which received stellar reviews and was a bestseller around the world. www.gaimanbooks.co.uk @neilhimself http://www.gaimanbooks.co.uk/ Chris Riddell is a much loved illustrator and acclaimed political cartoonist. He won the 2013 Costa Children's Book Prize for Goth Girl and has won the Nestle Gold Award and two Kate Greenaway Medals. He is co-creator of the hugely successful New York Times bestseller The Edge Chronicles.
- Author(s)Neil Gaiman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Width175 mm
- Height238 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chris Riddell
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.40
- AU $26.30Trending at AU $28.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.