Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionFriedrich Holderlin emerged in the early 20th century as one of the key figures of modern European literature. This comprehensive selection of over 80 of his odes, hexameters, and elegies is taken from the important early period of his mature work-a time in which we encounter the poet open to nature and love with a rare vulnerability. The translations in Odes and Elegies, including poems never before available in English, render forcefully and directly the deep longing and heartbreak of Holderlin's poetic world; their open, pathos-filled rhythm and disarming clarity present Holderlin's powerful work as distinctive English poems. A bilingual edition, this book also includes informative antations and translations of drafts and revisions that give deep insight into Holderlin's craft and process, shining new light on the unique poetic voice that marks Holderlin's achievement and continuing influence on poetry and philosophy today.
- Author BiographyThe German lyric poet FRIEDRICH HOLDERLIN (1770-1843) influenced such figures as Rilke, Celan, Heidegger, Adorno, and Benjamin. NICK HOFF is a writer and translator who lives in San Francisco.
- Author(s)Friedrich Holderlin
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication31/12/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Weight490 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byNick Hoff
- Translated byNick Hoff
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.