All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionOn March 30, 1992, Tom Dodge lost his stepfather and inherited the duty of caring for his mother, a woman he confesses he never got to kw. Suddenly he was confronted with the extent to which she had slipped into the fog of Alzheimer's. During his childhood, Dodge was never allowed to bring up the topic of his birth, but his mind whirled with questions: Who was my real father? Where was he? Who am I? Now, even if he summoned the courage to ask for the truth, would she be able to tell him? This memoir, interweaving the twin themes of adult responsiblity for a parent suffering from Alzheimer's and the search for a birth parent, is a painful account, raw with emotion, of an alienated adolescence. But it is also a stalgic look back at life in small-town Texas in the 1940s and 1950s, a life where young boys frolicked in the swimming hole and worked in the family garden. Oedipus Road is a timeless and timely, funny and heart-breaking, evocative account of one man's journey down the road of self-discovery.
- Author BiographyAn author and commentator on KERA radio in Dallas, Tom Dodge taught English at Mountain View College in Dallas and Blinn College in Brenham, Texas. His previous books are A Literature of Sports (1980) and A Generation of Leaves (1977), a translation of Greek lyrics.
- Author(s)T Dodge
- PublisherTexas Christian University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/06/2006
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationFort Worth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Christian University Press,U.S.
- Weight340 g
- Width141 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.