All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.40
- AU $25.41Trending at AU $27.76
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if Beauty became the Beast? Discover a new angle on the classic fairytale in this fantasy retelling that's perfect for anyone who can't get eugh of Beauty and the Beast. <p/>In the city of Yuan, the blind Princess Isra is raised to be a human sacrifice. Her death will ensure her city's vitality. <p/>In the desert, a mutant beast named Gem fights to save his people, kwn as the Monstrous, from starvation. <p/>Neither dreams that, together, they can return balance to their worlds. <p/>When Gem is captured for trying to steal Yuan's enchanted roses, he becomes a prisoner of the city. Isra enlists his help, and soon begins to care for him--and to question everything she has been brought up to believe. . . . <p/> Engrossing tale . . . [an] intense love story. --Kirkus Reviews The bones of the classic Beauty and the Beast story are all here, imaginatively fleshed out with tropes from science fiction, fantasy, and even political drama. --The Bulletin, Recommended <p/> Jay's characters are well-realized . . . [the] setup is intriguing and her writing assured. --Publishers Weekly <p/> Revelations and plot twists keep the action flowing and romance growing. . . . A satisfying read for fans of romantic fantasy. --School Library Journal
- Author BiographySTACEY JAY is the author of the popular Juliet Immortal and Romeo Redeemed and several other books for young adults. She lives in California with her family.
- Author(s)Stacey Jay
- Date of Publication09/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.