CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe old days of communism in Eastern Europe are often seen as time of darkness, fear, and privation. It is true that the years were t always happy, especially with the suffocating presence of the Soviet Union, but surprisingly those were also years of rmal life, joy of school, travel, and a vibrant intellectual and political life, even if some of it sometimes had to be hidden from the vigilant eyes of the secret service. This book is about those years in the communist Poland. It is a memoir from the late 1970s, but often going back to the 1960s, 1950s, and sometimes touching upon a Centuries long history of the region. It is written by then a student at Warsaw University, excited with exploring philosophy, literature, and sciences, going through happy and t so happy relationships, and also deeply involved in the opposition to the communist government. The memoir defies many stereotypes of the communist past and often reflects upon our changing views, expectations, and evaluation of the past.
- Author BiographyMariusz Ozminkowski studied philosophy at Warsaw University and later communication and politics in California. He received a Ph.D. in political science from Claremont Graduate University. He has taught courses in all three disciplines for more than 20 years. He is a former Los Angeles correspondent for the largest daily in Poland Gazeta Wyborcza. He has published three other books. He lives in Pasadena, California.
- Author(s)Mariusz Ozminkowski
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.