All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique book explores the connections between events of Irish history and their effects on the Irish. It defines the Irish-cultural personality, examines Romantic Uncatholic visions of Yeats and Fitzgerald, Realistic Catholic visions of Joyce, Farrell and O'Conr and how they contrast with and parallel each other. Of Cops and Priests is about American Irish-Catholicism: loyality, family, religion, sex, guilt and repentence found in the works of Hogan, Breslin, Dunne, Uhnak, Gordon, O'Conr, Wolfe, Reardon and Daley. It examines the replacement of the collective stereotypes of Irish-American fiction by dynamically evolved figures as discussed by Spencer and illustrated by Hamil, Powers, and Hynes.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Dennis J. Carroll is an assistant professor of English at St. John's University where he received his doctorate in English Literature. He teaches at Notre Dame College at St. John's University, and has taught at the College of Staten Island, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, both of the City University of New York and St. John's Univeristy School of Graduate Education and Human Services. His writings have appeared in the New York Times Book Review, New York Newsday, Catholic New York and the Voice of First Army. He served as a senior Internal Review officer on the special staff of the 77th United States Army Reserve Command's Internal Review Division.
- Author(s)Dennis J Carroll
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/1993
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 24: American Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number44
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1993
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight370 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.