All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionOf Kings and Poets is a comparative study of three outstanding fifteenth-century compilations of Spanish courtly poetry: the Cancionero de Baena, the Cancionero de Estuniga and the Cancionero d'Herberay des Essarts. Each songbook is the product of poetic activity at a different royal court, ruled by a king of the Trastamara dynasty. The three works are viewed in the dynamic political and social context from whence they emerged and to which they owe their distinguishing characteristics. Individual attention is given to the most prominent poets, their work, their standing at the court where they practiced their art, and their relationship to the royal patrons.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Ingrid Bahler has taught courses in Spanish language and literature at Notre Dame College and at John Carroll University. A United States citizen born in Estonia, she has also lived and studied in Germany and Puerto Rico. Dr. Bahler received her M.A. and Ph.D. from Case Western Reserve University. Her previous book-length publication in the field of medieval Spanish poetry is Alfonso Alvarez de Villasandino: poesia de peticion. Katherine Gyekenyesi Gatto is Professor and Chairperson of the Department of Classical and Modern Languages and Cultures of John Carroll University. Born in Braunau, Austria of Hungarian parents, she received her Ph.D. from Case Western Reserve University. A former Fulbright scholar to Spain, Dr. Gatto has presented and published numerous essays on Spanish literature and Hungarian Studies.
- Author(s)Ingrid Bahler,Katherine Gy Ek Enyesi Gatto
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1993
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 2: Romance, Languages & Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number194
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width165 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.