Of Mines and Beer!: 150 Years of Brewing History in Gilpin County, Colorado, and Beyond (Central City, Black Hawk, Mountain City, Nevadaville, Russell Gulch, Rollinsville, Idaho Springs, Georgetown, Golden, Denver, Boulder, Aspen, Scotland, England, Germa by Dave Thomas (Paperback / softback, 2012)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionIt is estimated that there were more than 4,000 breweries producing more than nine million barrels of beer across the U.S. in the early 1870s. In 1880, the Internal Revenue Service reported there were 2,830 operating breweries in the United States, while Germany reported nearly 11,000 around the same time. Colorado had an estimated 200,000 people and twenty breweries in 1880. The total number of breweries in the US today is 2,500 with more than 180 in Colorado. This is the story of the Colorado families that brewed beer for thousands of thirsty miners in the last half of the nineteenth century as well as references to other beer-related events in Central City, Black Hawk, Mountain City, Nevadaville, Russell Gulch, Rollinsville, Idaho Springs, Georgetown, Durango, Leadville, Pueblo, Trinidad, Golden, Denver, Boulder, Aspen, Scotland, England, Germany, Colorado and the world.
- Author BiographyDave Thomas bio After 32 years, the author retired from Coors Brewing Company as a traveling brewmaster. He now is Brewer Emeritus at Dostal Alley Brewpub in Central City, Colorado, writes for The Brewer & Distiller International (UK) and consults with Ecolab and the Colorado Malting Co. He is also on the Board of Trustees of the Gilpin County Historical Society. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Dave Thomas
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight348 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.