Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionPeople often make assumptions about players from stories they hear. Lee Briers has had many things written and said about his life, good and bad, both on and off the field since he made his debut for Saints in 1997. Here, in his own words, he charts his meteoric rise from mayhem causing kid on the streets of St Helens to being rugby league's maverick superstar, lifting the Challenge Cup and winning the Lance Todd Trophy at Wembley. He talks about his debut with his boyhood club and how he was overlooked in the 1997 Cup Final, his move to Warrington, why he wasn't selected for Great Britain, and the phemenal charge of the Wolves. And he describes the nights out, the beers and partying and how he cleaned up his act to become the consummate professional with irrepressible skills that have kept him at the top of his sport for over a decade. Lee also explains why he talks to referees, details many of his japes - including his naked singing in the dressing room - and puts forward his opinions on how the game should develop. There's affection too as he remembers the people that have helped him along the way, particularly his family and the coaches and players that have stood by him and the impact of his brother's untimely death. Off the Cuff is a holds barred inside story of a true sporting great.
- Author(s)Lee Briers,Mike Appleton
- PublisherVertical Editions
- Date of Publication02/11/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationSkipton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVertical Editions
- Content Note30 photographs
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.