CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionFor lessons they don't teach in law school, sample Off the Record: Sidebars from a Trial Lawyer's Life. This book from San Francisco attorney Kurt Melchior takes you on a colorful guided tour of the off-the-record side of a seasoned trial lawyer's courtroom life. With almost sixty years of practice, Kurt has seen it all, and his experiences have yielded an instructive -- as well as hugely entertaining -- book. Each of the one-hundred-plus, wide-ranging anecdotes is true. From dealing with the client who baldly lies to get a lawyer to take his case, to how to handle a star witness who's so nervous she's shaking, to the fine points of jury selection, Off the Record offers on-the-job training and insight from the comfort of your reading chair. It also provides plenty of laughs along the way, as it zeroes in on difficult clients, opposing counsels' gaffes, judges' foibles, and the often humorous twists and turns of our legal justice system.
- Author BiographyKurt Melchior is a partner and general counsel of Nossaman, LLP, a San Francisco law firm, and is a member of the California Trial Lawyers Hall of Fame. Kurt has almost 60 years' experience in complex litigation, having tried many non-jury and jury cases to judgment, and has been counsel of record in more than 70 published cases. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Author(s)Kurt W Melchior
- PublisherCourthouse Steps Publishing
- Date of Publication28/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCourthouse Steps Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.