All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffenders, Deviants or Patients? provides a practical approach to understanding both the social context and treatment of mentally disordered offenders. Taking into account the current public concern, often heightened by media sensationalism; it addresses issues such as sex and 'historic sex offending, 'hate' crime, homicide and other acts of serious bodily harm. This fifth edition is fully updated and incorporates the latest research and reflects recent changes in law, policy and practice, including: DSM-V criteria groundbreaking work on neuro-physiological aspects of psychopathy the Coroners and Justice Act Using new case examples, Herschel Prins draws on his own expertise and experience to examine the relationship between mental disorders and crime and looks at the ways in which it should be dealt with by the mental health care and criminal justice systems. Offenders, Deviants or Patients? is unique in its multidisciplinary approach and will be invaluable to all those who come into contact with serious offenders or those who study crime and criminal behaviour.
- Author BiographyHerschel Prins has worked in the fields of criminal justice and forensic mental health for over sixty years. He has served on a number of public and voluntary bodies and authored numerous books and articles.
- Author(s)Professor Herschel Prins
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/08/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables
- Weight558 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.