Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.07Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis study sought to describe Turkish defense offsets in foreign procurement. Located at the epicenter of regions fraught with crisis, Turkiye is a secular, democratic, liberal country sharing western moral values. With the tradition of its 1,000 years of statehood, with its constitutional order and its strong armed forces, Turkiye is a center of power that can affect the delicate balance of power in the region. Offsets started to become an important way of obtaining industrial and techlogical benefits when importing military equipment in the early and mid-1980s.Offset deals remain an important aspect of Turkish arms import policy, and offset applications in Turkish foreign procurement shows that offsets are likely to increase in the foreseeable future. Consequently, the study of Turkish defense offsets is important. The history of offsets is introduced for the background of this research. As a major user of U.S. defense systems, Turkiye each year buys American weapons worth more than $ 1 billion.
- Author(s)Ahmet Ilbas
- Date of Publication17/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight304 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.