All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesign practice in offshore geotechnical engineering has grown out of onshore practice, but the two application areas have tended to diverge over the last thirty years, driven partly by the scale of the foundation and anchoring elements used offshore, and partly by fundamental differences in construction and installation techniques. As a consequence offshore geotechnical engineering has grown as a speciality. The structure of Offshore Geotechnical Engineering follows a pattern that mimics the flow of a typical offshore project. In the early chapters it provides a brief overview of the marine environment, offshore site investigation techniques and interpretation of soil behaviour. It proceeds to cover geotechnical design of piled foundations, shallow foundations and anchoring systems. Three topics are then covered which require a more multi-disciplinary approach: the design of mobile drilling rigs, pipelines and geohazards. This book serves as a framework for undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and will appeal to professional engineers specialising in the offshore industry.
- Author BiographyMark Randolph is the founding Director of the Centre for Offshore Foundation Systems at the University of Western Australia, a founding Director of the specialist consultancy, Advanced Geomechanics, and a former Rankine Lecturer. Susan Gourvenec is a professor at the Centre for Offshore Foundation Systems at the University of Western Australia and delivers undergraduate, postgraduate, and industry courses on offshore geomechanics.
- Author(s)Mark Randolph,Susan Gourvenec
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/03/2011
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Note33 black & white tables, 103 black & white halftones, 400 black & white line drawings
- Weight1133 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.