All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffshore wind has been envisaged as making a critical contribution in Europe in satisfying the electricity demand in a low-carbon generation scenario. In fact, offshore environment provides a windier and steadier source compared to onshore wind energy. Offshore wind turbine rotors and generators create value by farming the wind, converting its energy into electricity. Costly infrastructure -- the very high towers, deep seabed foundations, buried high voltage insulated cables, on-platform transformers and complete subsea transmission grid -- and expensive at-sea maintenance are required because this electricity is t where it is needed. This book discusses offshore wind techlogies and examines the ecological risks and prospects of offshore wind.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight378 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byChester Mendoza
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.