All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
About this product
- DescriptionThey leave war ravaged Germany in search of peace and prosperity. After a long journey to, and across Canada, they arrive in the city of Edmonton, Alberta. There they start their new life with $200.00 in their pocket. With many wrong tions, their life brings surprises and problems, which they learn to overcome. For lack of money Kurt builds a car out of two wrecks. They call it: Bonzo. With this vehicle they set out to explore the wilderness of the Rocky Mountains. Their adventurous spirit takes them to isolated areas and precarious situations such as these: - I still had my doubts, but what did I kw about driving cars? Kurt backed up a few feet, then he put the car in forward gear, stepping so hard on the gas that the vehicle shot into the creek with great speed. Bonzo let out a groan, but Kurt managed to drive up on the other side with the trailer. As soon as we had crossed the creek and were safely on flat ground again, we ticed water spurting out from under Bonzo's hood. Kurt stopped and stepped out to open it. Then we saw the mess! Water gushed out with full force. The radiator had sprung a leak!!! Oh, for heaven's sake, what are we going to do w? The next service station is hours away. There is t a single soul out here, who will help us, I lamented. - - The booth at the park gate was completely deserted. Not a single soul was anywhere to be seen. Everything was locked. We wouldn't have to pay park fees today, if we had sticker, Kurt laughed driving through the open gate. But I became panicky. How much gas is there still left in the tank? I asked. It's almost empty. I don't think we'll reach Jasper with it, he answered looking at the gauge worriedly. It's approximately forty miles from here, but it s use waiting. Who kws when they will open up today, perhaps t at all. We did t speak for a while silently praying for a miracle. the little cabins at the motel in Pocahontos were buried in sw up to the windowsills. there was sign of life anywhere.- These and other adventures will keep the reader spell-bound and entertained.
- Author BiographyHelga Tucque grew up in Hirschberg, Silesia, Germany. In 1946 she and her family were deported to West Germany. In 1957 she moved to Edmonton, Canada together with her husband and son. Until retirement Helga worked as medical and later legal secretary. She also attended night classes to further her education. She is a member of an Edmonton writing group. Helga received an honorary mention and third prize at Alberta writing competitions. Publications: 2007: Das Krumme Kreuz published in Germany 2009 The Crooked Cross translation of Das Krumme Kreuz 2012 Giant Mountains' Tales 7 of Helga's short stories were published in Word Weavers Tapestry.
- Author(s)MS Helga Tucque
- PublisherHelga Tucque
- Date of Publication29/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHelga Tucque
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.