Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionOff to the sidelines of the brutal western front of World War I was a nasty little campaign by British and India troops sent to secure Persian oil fields. Explaining what and how this happened in the early decades of the twentieth century goes beyond being just ather history of a distant campaign in the 1914 to 1918 war. The highs and lows of what many British military planners in London considered to be a mir campaign in a distant theatre of operations proved to be a long, costly conflict the results of which still influence events today. Oil and the Creation of Iraq describes how the policies of allied military leaders of the time resulted in pushing the Ottoman government into partnership with Germany and Austria during World War I, resulting in its disintegration and loss of its Middle Eastern territories. The book then describes how the political and ecomic aims of the nations involved in the Mesopotamian campaign influenced the fighting and subsequent creation of Iraq, a new nation with few defensible boundaries, but one sitting atop an almost inexhaustible supply of oil and gas.
- Author BiographyDavid E. McNabb is Professor Emeritus at Pacific Lutheran University School of Business, USA. He is the author of ten books, including two comprehensive research methods texts, and joint author of two others. The first edition of his Research Methods in Public Administration and Nonprofit Organizations was awarded the 2004 John Grenzebach Research Award for Research in Philanthropy. He is a U.S. Navy veteran of the Korean War. He has been professor in Public Administration at The Evergreen State College, the University of Maryland-University College, the University of Washington-Tacoma, and the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, Latvia. He has also been a visiting professor at the American University in Bulgaria and a Fulbright Senior Specialist in Latvia.
- Author(s)David E. McNabb
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.