All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1985, this Routledge Revival is a lively and colourful account of life in the Japanese countryside, as seen through the eyes of an anthropologist who did fieldwork there for four years. Part journal, part ethgraphic observation, part social and moral commentary, this very personal and sensitive book depicts t only the intricate relationships among the valley people, but also those between them and the anthropologist who has come from the outside world to study them. The book has a dual purpose: to portray the intimate, day-to-day lives of people living in a remote part of Japan, and to describe how one anthropologist tries - and eventually fails - to become at one with his informants. Throughout, the book questions the premises of participant observation, which has become a mainstay of modern anthropology.
- Author(s)Brian Moeran
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleRoutledge Revivals
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight340 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.