All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe first of three volumes, this book is an edition of forty psalters written or owned in Anglo-Saxon England, half of which are glossed in Old English. The work is an invaluable tool for comparative gloss scholarship, for the study of the influence of vocabulary, the interpretation of glosses, the study of relations among psalters, and the study of the Latin text of the psalms in Anglo-Saxon England. It also presents new insights on the development of centres of learning and the impact of the psalter on literary tradition. Each volume addresses a group of fifty psalms. This landmark in Old English studies is the first attempt at a completely comprehensive edition. As an original and much-needed contribution to early medieval scholarship, it t only provides a standard edition of texts based on all kwn Anglo-Saxon psalters but also synthesizes many studies of psalter scholarship from the earliest times.
- Author BiographyPhillip Pulsiano is Professor of English at Villanova University and Executive Director of the International Society of Anglo-Saxonists.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2001
- Series TitleToronto Old English Studies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight1202 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byPhillip Pulsiano
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.