All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1931, Old Families of Louisiana was compiled in response to a demand in book form for a comprehensive series of genealogical records of the foundation families of the stateófamilies whose ancestors settled with Bienville in New Orleans at the time the famous old city was laid out in the crescent bend of the Mississippi River. And information was desired of those who came to Louisiana when the golden lilies of France, the castellated banner of Spain, the Union Jack of Great Britain, or the flag of fifteen stars and fifteen stripes waved over the land. In the compilation of the original data it became apparent that the present book would be greatly augmented in interest and value by the addition of genealogical records of other prominent foundation families besides the French and Spanish. For this reason, information was included on the English, Scottish, and Irish lineages whose representatives w form an integral part of the present day population of Louisiana. In the seventy years since its first publication, Old Families of Louisiana has exceeded the original scope intended. In order to set a limit to its range, it was agreed that only those families settling in Louisiana before and up to the time of the beginning of the American domination in 1803 should be included. Old Families of Louisiana traces the genealogy of such traditional Louisiana families as Fortier, Claiborne, Kenner, Percy, Wiltz, Chalmette, Landry, Derbigny, Butler, St. Martin, and Wilkinson.
- PublisherPortfolio Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/12/1998
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationMaryland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPortfolio Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight631 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.