All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe practical, intriguing American devices contained in this handbook come from an era long before milking machines, pesticide sprayers, and industrial hay balers. Designed to speed and simply everything from making your own butter to protecting drain outlets to organizing and storing tools, the easy-to-make mechanisms you'll find here can be just as useful for today's farmer as they were for frontier homesteaders. Discover how to transform odds and ends--scraps of lumber from old building projects, leftover sections of barbed wire, the box spring sitting in the attic--into handy household implements. With the illustrated instructions here, you can make a movable nest for hens, a ribless boat, a contraption to extricate a mired animal, a farm cart with movable racks for larger roads, a wire fence tightener, a fruit picker, a grindstone set and frame, and much more. This book is perfect for the rancher, farmer, craftsman--anyone with a love of the rural life.
- Author BiographySkyhorse Publishing, Inc. is an independent publisher of both nonfiction and fiction based in New York City.
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication22/01/2015
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note754 B&W illustrations
- Weight614 g
- Width133 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited bySkyhorse Publishing
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.