All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author of Bad Land realizes a lifelong dream as he navigates the waters of the Mississippi River in a spartan sixteen-foot motorboat, producing yet ather masterpiece of contemporary American travel writing.In the course of his voyage, Raban records the mercurial caprices of the river and the astonishingly varied lives of the people who live along its banks.Whether he is fishing for walleye or hunting coon, discussing theology in Prairie Du Chien or race relations in Memphis, he is an expert observer of the heartyland's estrangement from America's capitals ot power and culture, and its helpless stalgia for its lost past.Witty, elegaic, and magnificently erudite, Old Glory is as filled with strong currents as the Mississippi itself.
- Author BiographyJonathan Raban lives in Seattle, Washington.
- Author(s)Jonathan Raban
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleVintage departures
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Out-of-print date14/07/2011
- Weight340 g
- Width133 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.