All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains two commentaries on The Song of Songs by Tanchum Yerushalmi (c. 1220-1291), one of the best representatives of rational exegesis in the Middle Eastern rabbinical school of thought. His in depth kwledge of the Bible as well as his acquaintance with Greek philosophy, added to familiarity with his own Jewish tradition allowed him to write rich biblical commentaries. In so doing he showed himself as a worthy disciple of Saadia Gaon, Hai and Ibn Janah whom he mentions in his commentary on The Song of Songs. The extent of his kwledge can easily be seen in both his philological and philosophical commentaries on one of the most intriguing books of the Bible.
- Author BiographyJoseph Alobaidi is professor of Bible Theology and Languages at the Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception, Dominican House of Studies, Washington, D.C. USA. His publications deals mainly with the Judeo-Arabic literature.
- Author(s)Joseph Alobaidi
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication10/03/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleBible in History / La Bible Dans L'histoire
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight480 g
- Width155 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.