Consider these sponsored items
- AU $42.98Free postage
- AU $45.95Free postage
- AU $31.25Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOld Mans story shares the remarkable story of one of Australias most respected elders and traditional land owners, Big Bill Neidjie. This new title from Aboriginal Studies Press is available from 1 July 2015. The last remaining speaker of Gaagudju language, Neidjie was committed to sharing his story with future generations as well as educating the wider community about Aboriginal culture, even breaking tradition to do so. He was instrumental in the establishment of Kakadu National Park (along with allowing public access) and its inclusion onto the UNESCO World Heritage list. Before his passing in 2002, over a period of two years Neidjie allowed photographer Mark Lang the rare opportunity to record his thoughts which explore his views on culture, family, community and country, offering beautifully nuanced stories in his own words and rhythms. These stories are accompanied by Langs stunning landscape photographs of the locations the old man speaks about. Structured in the cycle of the seasons, Old Mans story provides readers with insights into the annual transformation of landscape that were so integral to Neidjies life story. Told with great affection and respect for country, Old Mans story is an important read for those seeking to learn more about Indigeus history and culture, and to understanding the significance of living on and looking after country.
- Author BiographyBill Neidjie was the keeper of ancient knowledge and the last speaker of the Gagaudju language from northern Kakadu. He is the author of Australia s Kakadu Man, Gagudju Man: Kakadu National Park, Northern Territory, Australia, and Story About Feeling. Mark Lang is a renowned landscape photographer.
- Author(s)Bill Lang,Bill Neidjie,Mark Lang
- PublisherAboriginal Studies Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationCanberra, ACT
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAboriginal Studies Press
- Content Noteb/w & colour illus
- Weight608 g
- Width175 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.