All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArguably the greatest of all published memoirs of the Great War, Old Soldiers Never Die is Private Frank Richards' classic account of the war from the standpoint of the regular soldier, and a moving tribute to the army that died on the Western Front in 1914.
- Author BiographyFrank Richards was born in 1883 in Monmouthshire. Orphaned at nine years old, he was brought up by his aunt and uncle in the industrial Blaina area, and went on to work as a coal miner throughout the 1890s before joining the Royal Welch Fusiliers in 1901. A veteran soldier who served in British India and many areas of the Western Front, he wrote his seminal account of the Great War from the standpoint of the common soldier, Old Soldiers Never Die, in 1933. This was followed by Old Soldier Sahib, a memoir of his time serving in British India, in 1936. He died in 1961.
- Author(s)Frank Richards
- PublisherParthian Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleLibrary of Wales
- Place of PublicationCardigan
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintParthian Books
- Weight249 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.