Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionAdam and Eve, God's covenant with Abraham, the deportation of Judah and their eventual return to Jerusalem--these are the Old Testament stories most people remember, and for good reason. According to veteran Old Testament professor Victor Matthews, these stories are essential to the identity of Israel as God's people. Matthews identifies eight landmark stories that t only shaped Israelite identity but also continued to echo throughout the Old Testament as Israel grew into its role as the people of God. He examines the stories in detail, showing how they provide a foundation for later Old Testament stories and events. Helpful sidebars, a glossary, indexes, and a selected bibliography provide readers with tools for further exploration. This book will be of interest to serious lay readers, Bible students, and church leaders.
- Author BiographyVictor H. Matthews (Ph.D., Brandeis University) is professor of religious studies and associate dean of the College of Humanities and Public Affairs at Missouri State University. He is the author or coauthor of twelve books, including The Social World of Ancient Israel, Old Testament Parallels, and The IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament.
- Author(s)Victor Harold Matthews
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.14Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.