Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionStudies find that effective physician-patient communication has specific benefits such as, patients are more likely to adhere to treatment and have better outcomes, they express greater satisfaction with their treatment, and they are less likely to bring malpractice suits. Communicating with older patients involves special issues. The aim of this book is to introduce and/or reinforce communication skills essential in caring for older patients and their families. The book offers practical techniques and approaches to help with diagsis, promote treatment adherence, make more efficient use of clinicians' time, and increase patient and provider satisfaction. It then continues by discussing ways in which older people should talk to their doctors. A good patient-doctor relationship is more of a partnership. The Book gives a guide on how to ask the right questions to a doctor, along with nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, and other health care providers, to solve medical problems and keep a patient healthy.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight188 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited bySallie H Rye
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.