Olefin Metathesis and Metathesis Polymerization by J. C. Mol, K.J. Ivin (Hardback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $214.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $189.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a follow-up to Ivins Olefin Metathesis, (Academic Press, 1983). Bringing the standard text in the field up to date, this Second Edition is a result of rapid growth in the field, sparked by the discovery of numerous well-defined metal carbene complexes that can act as very efficient initiators of all types of olefin metathesis reaction, including ring-closing metathesis of acyclic dienes, enynes, and dienynes; ring-opening metathesis polymerizatiof cycloalkenes, acyclic diene metathesis polymerization; and polymerization of alkynes, as well as simple olefin metathesis. Olefin Metathesis and Metathesis Polymerization provides a broad, up-to-date account of the subject from its beginnings in 1957 to the latest applications in organic synthesis. The book follows the same format as the original, making it useful toteachers and to researchers, and will be of particular interest to those working in the fields of organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, orgametallic chemistry, catalysis, materials science and chemical engineering. Key Features * Discusses different classes of olefin metathesis and the choice of reaction conditions and catalyst * Considers commercial processes with examples from existing and new techlogies * Provides a complete overview of the subject from its beginning to the present day
- Author BiographyK.J. Ivin obtained his Ph.D. in 1948 from the University of Cambridge, England, and then held fellowships at NRC, Ottawa, Canada and the University of Leeds, England. He was appointed to the academic staff at Leeds in 1953 and moved to The Queen's University of Belfast in 1966 as Professor of Physical Chemistry. Since retiring in 1986 he has maintained an active collaboration with various groups working on ring-opening metathesis polymerization. J.C. Mol graduated as a chemical engineer from the Technical University of Delft, The Netherlands, in 1964. He obtained his Ph.D. in chemistry from the University of Amsterdam in 1971 where he presently heads a research group working on heterogeneous catalysis, particularly in the field of olefin metathesis.
- Author(s)J. C. Mol,K.J. Ivin
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication07/01/1997
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Note96 b&w illustrations
- Weight844 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.