All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- Description<b>A collection of stories starring one of the most unique sleuths ever to crack a case</b>Oliver Quade kws the record for most eggs laid by a single hen. He kws which state has the longest coastline. He kws why cats purr, who signed the Magna Carta, and who won the two-hundred-twenty-meter race in the 1896 Olympics. Oliver Quade is the Human Encyclopedia, with an answer to every question save one: When are you going to pay the rent? Hoping to solve this tricky problem, Quade heads to a poultry convention to sell some encyclopedias, and is just starting his sales pitch when a dead man is found in an incubator. It s a puzzle that Quade will have to solve if he wants to escape the convention and hopefully scrounge up some rent money along the way.In this volume of stories, the Human Encyclopedia tangles with poisoned darts, dog show killers, and Civil War forgeries, but thing proves quite so troublesome as the most dangerous villain of all: the landlord.
- Author BiographyFrank Gruber (1904 1969) was an enormously prolific author of pulp fiction. A stalwart contributor to<i>Black Mask</i>magazine, he also wrote novels, producing as many as four a year during the 1940s. His best-known character was Oliver Quade, the Human Encyclopedia, whose adventures were collected in<i>Brass Knuckles</i>(1966), and will soon be republished in ebook format as<i>Oliver Quade, the Human Encyclopedia</i>, featuring brand-new material, from MysteriousPress.com, Open Road Integrated Media, and<i>Black Mask</i>magazine.
- Author(s)Frank Gruber
- PublisherMysteriouspress.Com/Open Road
- Date of Publication14/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleBlack Mask
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMysteriouspress.Com/Open Road
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width136 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byKeith Alan Deutsch
- Introduction byKevin Burton Smith
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.