All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to Los Angeles, America's second-largest city and home to 3.8 million people. But L.A. didn't start out that way. Olvera Street: Discovering the Soul of Los Angeles is a travel guide that leads you past today's glitzy bars and eateries, the big sports centers and high-rises, to trace the city's roots. Travel back more than two centuries to when forty-four settlers walked from Mexico to start a new life near what would become today's downtown Los Angeles. While decades of neglect and the developer's bulldozer have claimed many of the original buildings, at Olvera Street, part of El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historical Monument, you can still see and touch the city's beginnings. Join Mike Harris as he guides you along Olvera Street with its unique museums, artwork, multi-generation Mexican family shops, and restaurants. Starting at the plaza's kiosk, located just across the street from historic Union Station, journey with Mike on an easy walking tour detailing the struggles and triumphs of creating an international city. Learn how each new culture that came to Los Angeles, from Native American, Spanish, and Mexican to African American, Chinese, French, and Italian, impacted its destiny.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Los Angeles, USA, Mike Harris is an award-winning Southern California newsman, editor, and travel and outdoors writer and currently serves as the editor for OldWestNewWest.com. His writing focuses on the American West.
- Author(s)Mike Harris
- PublisherLa Frontera Publishing
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMike Harris' Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationWyoming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLa Frontera Publishing
- Content Note60 photos, 2 maps
- Weight159 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.