All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Konstantis Georgiadis, author of Olympic Revival - the revival of the Olympic Games in modern times , is the Dean of the International Olympic Academy since 1992. He completed his university studies in sport science at the Johannes Gutenberg University (Mainz, Germany) where he obtained his doctorate with his thesis The ideo-historical base of the revival of the Olympic Games in Greece in the 19th century and the First Modern Olympic Games . He is member of the Board of the Organizing Committee for the Athens 2004 Olympic Games , member of the Executive Committee of the International Society of Historians for the Olympic Games , and member of the IOC Commission for Culture and Olympic Education . His studies have been published in numerous scholarly journals and he has been and continuous to be scientific supervisor of the IOA reports published by the International Olympic Academy and the International Olympic Committee. He has traveled extensively lecturing at universities, national Olympic Academies and national Olympic Committees. The book you have in your hands is the result of intensive research and study. It will give the reader the opportunity to look more deeply at the movement for the revival of the Olympic Games, and especially at the part that modern Greece has played in the re-establishment of this great institution. Historically, the revival of the Olympic Games was founded on the will and efforts of many individuals. It was achieved by cumulatively making good use of various different endeavours, reinforced as they were by the cultural current of the time. The book includes many hitherto unpublished texts, principally of letters exchanged between leading figures with their common goal. This makes the book a rich source of kwledge from which to draw potentially invaluable data for today's and tomorrows Olympic historians. I am confident that this volume, with its rounded, well-documented view of the birth of the Olympic Revival, will make a substantial contribution to further research into it. It is an exceptional pleasure to welcome its appearance in English, and my hope is that The Revival of the Olympic Games in Modern Times will prove to be a tool of great use to anybody who is interested in Olympism and the history of sport in general.
- Author(s)K. Georgiades
- PublisherEkdotike Athenon S.A.
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationAthens
- Country of PublicationGreece
- ImprintEkdotike Athenon S.A.
- Content Note141 illus
- Width210 mm
- Height290 mm
- Edited byM. Koursi
- Translated byR. Witt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.