Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionOmia vya Tjipangandjara: Otjiherero Proverbs and Idioms is a unique collection of linguistic and cultural significance. The author has collected over 150 proverbs and idioms from the Ovaherero community, particularly the Ovakaoko, in Namibia, and from various written sources. He encourages the use of these proverbs as a means of cultural enrichment, since younger speakers of Otjiherero tend to use and/or translate English or Afrikaans proverbs. Concise and extensively researched, this book distinguishes between proverbs and idioms; gives the literal English translation; the origin; general meaning; context; usage; and English equivalents.
- Author(s)J U Kavari,Jekura Uaurika Kavari
- PublisherUniv. of Namibia Press
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniv. of Namibia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.