All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe eighteen studies included here reflect three particular aspects of Leonard Boyle's remarkable impact on teaching and scholarship. His abiding interest in the early history and architecture of the basilica of San Clemente in Rome forms the focus of Part I; his profound contribution to the theory and practice of palaeography is reflected in Part II; and his creative work on clerical education, pastoral care, and the Dominican Order, inspires Part III. In all these areas, Fr Boyle combined remarkable attention to detail with the humane ability to bring clarity to complex issues. This book commemorates his inspiration, but also reflects his favourite maxim, derived from the twelfth-century teacher-theologian, Hugh of St-Victor, to 'Learn everything', for 'afterwards you will find that thing is superfluous.' The fourth section is devoted to Fr Leonard as friend, scholar, and Prefect of the Vatican Library, and it ends, fittingly, with what may be regarded as his own scholarly valediction, 'St Thomas Aquinas and the Third Millennium'.
- Author BiographyAnne J. Duggan, King's College London, UK, Joan Greatrex, Robinson College Cambridge, UK and Brenda Bolton, formerly University of London, UK Joan Barclay Lloyd, Brenda Bolton, Michelle P. Brown, Richard Copsey, Anne J. Duggan, Isabelle Engammare, Carol A. Farr, David Ganz, James Ginther, Christine Grafinger, Joan Greatrex, Margaret Harvey, Per Ingesman, Margaret Wade Labarge, Paul Murray, O.P., John Osborne, James M. Powell, Kirsi Salonen, Ludwig Schmugge, Andrea L. Winkler, Patrick Zutshi.
- Author(s)Joan Greatrex
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2005
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleChurch, Faith and Culture in the Medieval West
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 35 b&w illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byDr. Brenda Bolton,Professor Anne J. Duggan
- Series Edited byDr. Brenda Bolton,Professor Anne J. Duggan,Dr. Damian J. Smith
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.