All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative and readable book is t something to be cherry-picked for quick hints and tips. It is a work to be read and re-read and savoured for its humanity, sagacity, practicality and reflection upon the all-important relationships between teaching and learning and the teacher and the learner. - British Journal of Educational Techlogy . ...a delightful and unusual reflective journey...the whole book is driven by a cycle of questions, examples, strategies and generalizations from the examples. In all, it is the clearest example of practise-what-you-preach that I have seen. - John Biggs, Horary Professor of Psychology, University of Hong Kong. This is a unique book, written by a well-kwn figure in HE who has broad experience and a long track record as an exemplary and caring teacher!The book is unique because it is written in a very personal manner, with a sharing of the author's varied experiences and great enthusiasm for the processes of teaching and communication. - Jenny Moon, Bournemouth Media Centre and Independent Consultant. [Cowan's] invative approach to the authorship of a well researched and practical book is worthy of particular mention!Practitioners that are keen to allow spaces for invative approaches to professional development in learners will find this text readable and thought provoking. - Teaching in Higher Education . On Becoming an Invative University Teacher shows readers how to plan and run invative activities to engage their students in effective reflective learning. The book uses an unusual and accessible method: each chapter begins by posing a question with which university and college teachers can be expected to identify; then answers the question by presenting a series of examples, thereafter the writer frankly airs his own second thoughts on what he has offered. In the second edition of this popular book, Cowan maintains his relaxed and readable style, and the book features revised coverage to make it even more accessible and useful. The examples have been updated throughout and a new chapter looks at invation and reflection in the context of contemporary higher education. This is key reading for all university teachers, whether new or experienced, who want to revitalise their teaching.
- Author BiographyJohn Cowan (New York, NY) is a researcher and developer on emerging technologies for a major financial institution in New York City. He has 17 years of experience in systems programming, application programming, documenting, and white-paper writing for various financial institutions in NYC.
- Author(s)John Cowan
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Higher Education OUP
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight388 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.