All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis important book on priestly identity embraces the many contemporary varieties of priestly ministry: male and female, paid and unpaid, parish and work-based, catholic, evangelical, charismatic. Examining the root, the shape, and the fruit of priestly identity, On Being a Priest Today is essential reading for priests, priests in training, and everyone considering the ministry. Part One roots a priest's human and church life in the theological convictions derived from the Christian understanding of God as being for and with others. Part Two explores the shape of priestly life in relation to worship, word, and prayer, each supported by the three key virtues of love, faith, and hope. Part Three examines the fruit of priestly life by focusing on three fundamental features of priestly identity: holiness, reconciliation, and blessing. With its applicability to various deminations, this exciting book offers welcome new perspectives on what it means to be a priest today.
- Author BiographyROSALIND BROWN is a staff member of the Southern Theological Education and Training Scheme, based at Sarum College, Salisbury, and is Vice Principal of the Diocese of Salisbury Ordained Local Ministry Program. She was ordained in the United States where she lived for several years and was a member of the Community of Celebration, an intentional Christian community of the Episcopal Church. Rosalind is the author of several prize-winning hymns and How Hymns Shape Our Lives. CHRISTOPHER COCKSWORTH is Principal of Ridley Hall, Cambridge, a member of the Liturgical Commission of the Church of England, and the author of a number of books.
- Author(s)Christopher J. Cocksworth,Rosalind Brown
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication25/04/2004
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationBlue Ridge Summit
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCowley Publications,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width144 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.