CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionAs the Civil War ends and heroes are sent home, boys-turned-men like Buck Elsworth find themselves adrift and searching for solid ground. After those nightmarish years fighting Rebs, and a few more spent wandering the country, industry and coal are the buzz words Buck brings back home to family and friends in West Virginia. And, for a while, those buzz words make his small town sizzle. Sometimes money and hard work can buy happiness. But when the fanfare surrounding his return fades and old habits, temptations, and familiar faces rear their ugly heads, it looks like hopes and holes in the earth might t be eugh for country-bred troublemakers and dreamers like Buck. Packing and selling coal out of his mine attracts unwanted attention, and before long Buck has railroad barons, bankers, outlaws, and everyone in between wanting a piece of his American dream.
- Author BiographyJ. Marlando has been an all media writer for many years and has filmed documentaries in the US, Australia, and Asia. He has penned and/or produced films, written for magazines, radio, and television as well as both books and plays. He is a history buff who has just recently won a TELLY Award for his contribution to the video of Charles Pierce, a man who spent six horrifying years in a Nazi death camp. He lives with his wife in Thousand Oaks, California. ____________________ KEITH BARNES Writer/editor, and emeritus endowed chair/professor at the University of Redlands, CA, with a doctoral degree, a masters, and undergraduate degrees in engineering and psychology. Author of three academic books, more than sixty articles in refereed journals on a wide array of subjects, and a dozen novels in two genres, Barnes also writes feature articles for an internet magazine and edits for other writers and publishers. He has served on three academic editorial boards, and was editor for the Journal of Applied Business Research from 1988-2000. His biography has appeared in Who's Who in Higher Education, Who's Who in Business and Finance, Who's Who in America, and Who's Who in The World.
- Author(s)Arch Barnes,J Marlando
- PublisherZharmae Publishing Press LLC
- Date of Publication29/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintZharmae Publishing Press LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.