All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionOn Christian Dying gathers original texts from the great saints and teachers of the Christian tradition to present 2000 years of theological wisdom on death and dying. Matthew Levering mines the best of classical thought with selections that offer both ancient and contemporary Christians as models for understanding. He includes writings from Ignatius of Antioch, Thomas Aquinas, Catherine of Siena, Thomas More, and John Henry Newman among others. This volume explores the questions: What is a good death? How can we live life to prepare for it? What happens to those who have died? What is martyrdom ? How should a Christian understand death in light of Christ's cross? How are those who have died related to the living?
- Author BiographyMatthew Levering is assistant professor of theology at Ave Maria College. He is the author of On the Priesthood: Classic and Contemporary Texts (Rowman & Littlefield, 2003).
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication20/09/2004
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width181 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byMatthew Levering
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.