All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents Martin Luther's contribution to the modern ecomic sciences, providing a detailed introduction and revised translation of his major pamphlet on ecomic matters, 'On Commerce and Usury' ('Von Kau shandlung und Wucher', 1524). In his teachings on indulgences, Luther picked up on the question of hoarding money, and was among the earliest voices in early modern Europe calling for an 'ethical' ecomics. Luther's work prefigured many later contributions to modern ecomic theory, from the mercantilists and cameralists to the German Historical School.
- Author BiographyMartin Luther (1483-1546) was a German friar, priest and professor of theology who was a seminal figure in the Protestant Reformation. Philipp Robinson Rossner is Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Early Modern History at the University of Manchester.
- Author(s)Martin Luther
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleEconomic Ideas That Built Europe
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.