Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a new theory and shows parents and professionals (teachers, counselors, social workers, psychologists, medical doctors and nurses) why and how to help young children understand and cope with death. All children who must deal with death are at risk of emotional and behavioral disturbances, at the time of loss and in the future. They need help by adults in the cognitive and the emotional domain; therefore adults should t wait to see if the child can adequately cope on his own. The book will enable adults to develop kwledge, attitudes and skills that will guide their intervention. It will also develop their sensitivity to the special needs and problems that confront children aged 4-12, faced with crisis related to death in their community, school, hospital and family. The theoretical and the practical aspects of the book are based on research and experiments conducted in Israel, in the U.S. and in other countries, and on the clinical experience of the author with children in crisis. The book also includes a new valid and reliable questionnaire, The Examination of Human and Animal Death Conceptualization of Children aged 4-12, a description of its psychometric characteristics and instructions for administration and scoring. The questionnaire is a relatively simple instrument, in both administration and scoring. It enables a quantitative and qualitative diagsis necessary to discern those areas in which the child needs intervention and help.
- Author(s)Sara Smilansky
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/1988
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1988
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight380 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.