All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe movie industry is changing rapidly, due in part to the adoption of digital techlogies. Distributors w send films to theaters electronically. Consumers can purchase or rent movies instantly online and then watch them on their high-definition televisions, their laptops, or even their cell phones. Meanwhile, social media techlogies allow independent filmmakers to raise money and sell their movies directly to the public. All of these changes contribute to an on-demand culture, a shift that is radically altering film culture and contributing to a much more personalized viewing experience. Chuck Tryon offers a compelling introduction to a world in which movies have become digital files. He navigates the complexities of digital delivery to show how new modes of access--online streaming services like YouTube or Netflix, digital downloads at iTunes, the popular Redbox DVD kiosks in grocery stores, and movie theaters offering digital projection of such 3-D movies as Avatar --are redefining how audiences obtain and consume motion picture entertainment. Tryon also tracks the reinvention of independent movies and film festivals by enterprising artists who have built their own fundraising and distribution models online. Unique in its focus on the effects of digital techlogies on movie distribution, On-Demand Culture offers a corrective to address the rapid changes in the film industry w that movies are available at the click of a button.
- Author BiographyChuck Tryon is an assistant professor in the English department at Fayetteville State University, USA. He is the author of Reinventing Cinema: Movies in the Age of Media Convergence (Rutgers University Press) and has written for Screen , the Journal of Film and Video, Popular Communications , and the Canadian Journal of Film Studies .
- Author(s)Chuck Tryon
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Weight825 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.