On Forgiveness: How Can We Forgive the Unforgivable? by Richard Holloway (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.90Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by booklegend66
- Est. delivery by 9 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this inspiring work, Richard Holloway tackles the great theme of forgiveness. It is a subject that he explores in the widest context but underpinning this examination is his belief that religion has given us many of the best stories and metaphors for the act. He proceeds to relate forgiveness to such events as September 11th, the Truth Commission in South Africa, and the ongoing conflicts in Palestine/Israel, Northern Ireland and Serbia. On Forgiveness is a discourse on how forgiveness works, where it came from and how the need to embrace it is greater than ever if we are to free ourselves from the binds of the past. Drawing on philosophers and writers of the calibre of George Steiner, Frederick Nietzsche, Jacques Derrida, Hannah Arendt and Nelson Mandela, Holloway has written ather fascinating and timely book.
- Author BiographyOne of the most outspoken and best-loved figures in the modern church, Richard Holloway recently stood down as the Bishop of Edinburgh. He was Gresham Professor of Divinity in the City of London and remains a Fellow of the Royal Society. He has written for many newspapers in Britain including The Times, the Guardian, the Sunday Herald and the Scotsman and presented his own series on BBC Television. His books include On Forgiveness, Looking in the Distance, Godless Morality and Doubts and Loves. His forthcoming book Between the Monster and the Saint: Reflections on the Human Condition will be published by Canongate in August 2008.
- Author(s)Richard Holloway
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/08/2002
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date10/12/2014
- Weight105 g
- Width132 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.