CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionOn Friendship was composed in 2006, in New York City, after the marvelous text by Marcus Tullius Cicero, wich has the same title - De Amicitia - and that was written more than two thousand years before, probably in 44 BC. This is a second version of the poem, which was ellaborated in 2010. On Friendship is developed on two parallel sequences, which are the same but obeying to different orders. They behave, in some sense, like the DNA double helix. The whole visual poem is a continuous reflection about the nature of friendship, in its symmetries and asymmetries, conjunctions and disjunctions, like a strange mathematical attractor. Both structures, established along the parallel long strands, are elaborated according to a principle of order by coordination. They are n-linear complexes. It is a poem to be read silently, creating and discovering new relations.structured on two helix, like the DNA structure.
- Author BiographyEmanuel Dimas de Melo Pimenta is an intermedia artist, architect, urban planner, photographer and specialist on virtual reality and cyberspace technologies. He collaborated with John Cage as music composer for Merce Cunningham and established with both of them a lifelong friendship. He was also partner of the legendary Swiss philosopher in many projects over more than twenty years. Since the late 1970s Emanuel Pimenta has researched neurosciences and Theory of Thought, having coined the concept of virtual architecture in the 1980s as well as a new technique of music composition inside virtual environments. His various books have been regularly published in several countries in the last thirty-five years.
- Author(s)Emanuel Dimas De Melo Pimenta
- Date of Publication28/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.