Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionActor, doctor, TV presenter, film director, opera director, sculptor - Sir Jonathan Miller's careers cover a vast range. He is also a gifted and insightful writer, but his writings have been scattered across a series of books and articles over the last sixty years. This selection gives an idea of the depth and variety of his preoccupations, from mesmerism to neurology, film and theatre to art history and technique, parody to reportage. Each extract has an introduction by Miller, setting it in the context of his interests in the arts and sciences. With wit and perception, Miller casts light on many aspects of the world which we take for granted, and illuminates them with original insights. His writings incorporate ideas and techniques which have made Miller a unique presence on the cultural scene, gathered together here for the first time in one collection.
- Author BiographyJonathan Miller first came to public attention as a performer in the very successful comedy review Beyond the Fringe. He qualified as a doctor, but was soon seduced by television, presenting and drecting arts programmes, including a memorable Alice in Wonderland. He has directed plays for the BBC, and the National Theatre, and operas at the ENO, the Met in New York, and La Scala, Milan. He has also curated art exhibitions, as well as producing his own artworks in painting, sculpting and photography. Underlying all his cultural work has been an interest in human behaviour, how the brain works, and the philosophy of mind, and in media interviews and platform discussions he is still an important thinker in British cultural life.
- Author(s)Jonathan Miller
- PublisherSkyscraper Publications
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- Place of PublicationNewbold on Stour
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSkyscraper Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.