Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionComposed of several distinct yet inter-woven long poems, On Generation & Corruption is structured around the conceits of location and dislocation, as it deconstructs a picture-postcard American town. Its title is a clue: in printer's terms, each generation reproduced is more corrupt than the last. Through this metaphor, Chiusa alludes to the distance from confessional speech that the book embodies in its complex tales and Escher-like syntax. from daybook JULY 1 Bog. Spillway. River bank. Cow shit. Shade pools. Boot prints. Tadpoles. Reed beds. Shallows. Eddies. Snags. Cottonmouths. Cobwebs. JULY 2 The stare stares behind-the-back, bright, between butt-crack and thigh. The stare widens into a paddle, wide and flat eugh to make a draft when it flaps. The stare picks its se. The stare halfway wonders why the closet door is only half-closed. * * * When ecstasy is parted from its practice, when rapture is forced to choose, that's me: the first efforts, independent principalities. JULY 3 If I draw a hand, say, or a foot, I tow it into view. If I name, a slender ankle, a napping neck, I pull it like a dove out of a derby, pigeon out of a porkpie hat.
- Author BiographyTerrence Chiusano received his B.A. in Poetry Writing from the University of Pittsburgh and his M.A. in Literature from the University at Buffalo. His poems have appeared in Colorado Review, Cordite Poetry Review, Yellow Field, Kenning, Ixnay, Queen Street Quarterly, Basinski: A Zine of the Arts, Ignation, and elsewhere. He lives in Pittsburgh.
- Author(s)Terrence Chiusano
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication02/03/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitlePoets Out Loud
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Weight3 g
- Width5817 mm
- Height5182 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.