All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $26.98Trending at AU $29.06
- AU $41.40Trending at AU $43.70
- AU $27.42Trending at AU $32.20
- AU $34.09Trending at AU $42.06
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $30.50
- AU $27.52Trending at AU $29.11
- AU $25.41Trending at AU $27.72
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most significant events in European intellectual history of the last century and a half was the injection by Schopenhauer of a subjective brand of Neo-Platonism into Post-Kantian thought. This study first describes Schopenhauer's position by concentrating on his account of the Genius, and proceeds to trace reactions to that figure in the works of Nietzsche, Jung, Freud, and Wittgenstein. The author's ambition is twofold: to resolve certain issues of interpretation regarding the positions of those following Schopenhauer, and to relate the history of a movement that encompassed both ordinary language philosophy, psychoanalysis, analytic psychology, and the work of Nietzsche.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jerry S. Clegg is Professor of Philosophy at Mills College. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Washington. In addition to numerous articles in professional journals, he has written The Structure of Plato's Philosophy.
- Author(s)Jerry S Clegg
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1994
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 5: Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume Number158
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight480 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.