All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of law is to regulate various aspects of social life. Most theories of law elevate just one of these functions of the law to a universal or supreme level, whilst turning a blind eye to the others. Stig Jorgensen argues that any plausible theory of law must take into account all relationships of law, covering language interpretation of rules and facts, contradiction and arbitrariness, teleological legal argumentation, concept of equality, and morality. The concept of Justice is later isolated showing the primary human need to believe in a final weighing up of one's actions or failures.
- Author(s)Stig Jorgensen
- PublisherAarhus University Press
- Date of Publication19/09/1996
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAarhus
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintAarhus University Press
- Weight410 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.