Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is the product of a private Canadian expedition to China in 1992. Its members sought to gauge the potential cultural destruction of the daunting and controversial Three Gorges Dam project, which was actively supported by the Canadian government and by corporate sectors.What cultural losses will accompany the expected ecomic and political gains? What will China, Canada, and the world community lose? How might we, as Canadians, view the purpose and impact of the project, which is w well under way? Using a government-sponsored assessment of the cultural artifacts destined to be submerged by rising waters behind the dam project, our guides - a publisher (Caroline Walker), a heritage consultant (Robert Shipley), a travel writer (Ruth Lor Malloy), and a scholar (Fu Kailin) - lead us on a sometimes comical and frequently troubling tour of the Yangzi gorges region.
- Author BiographyCaroline Walker was a publisher from Toronto Ontario's NC Press.
- Author(s)Caroline Walker,Robert Shipley,Ruth Lor Malloy
- PublisherNC Press Ltd ,Canada
- Date of Publication05/05/1993
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintNC Press Ltd ,Canada
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.