Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
About this product
- DescriptionWhen searching for true love, Michal and Danna face immense obstacles and stir up a lot of trouble. This tale of passion from a little kwn segment of European history involves spy-like plotting, wars, and personal ambition. The beliefs of the protagonists conflict with the existing laws, and all this leads to a gripping adventure that crosses borders and continents. Yet this is a poetic and often funny story. Michal and Danna are in love and, for them, life is beautiful even when the world is collapsing around them. Their life journey is presented in four parts which differ in pace and mood like in a symphony. Could they remain separated, forever? Will they go to prison? Will the children who lost their fathers eventually find them? Start this book, and you won't stop until you reach the end.
- Author BiographyThe author is a sea captain, offshore sailor, beekeeper, and licensed trapper. Besides writing books, he was one of the pioneers who figured out how to design large silicon chips with a computer - the essential step for the rapid evolution of electronics as we know it today. This is his first novel. He writes, because he has a lot to say. Quoting Robert Heinlein, he believes that a human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, butcher a hog, design a building, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Michal and Danna fall into this category.
- Author(s)Jiri Soukup
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.