All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionONAG, as the book is commonly kwn, is one of those rare publications that sprang to life in a moment of creative energy and has remained influential for over a quarter of a century. Originally written to define the relation between the theories of transfinite numbers and mathematical games, the resulting work is a mathematically sophisticated but eminently enjoyable guide to game theory. By defining numbers as the strengths of positions in certain games, the author arrives at a new class, the surreal numbers, that includes both real numbers and ordinal numbers. These surreal numbers are applied in the author's mathematical analysis of game strategies. The additions to the Second Edition present recent developments in the area of mathematical game theory, with a concentration on surreal numbers and the additive theory of partizan games.
- Author(s)Professor John H. Conway
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2000
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content Note130 Illustrations.(some col.).
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.